Wednesday 22 May 2013

In between Shows and an announcement


My tiny hand-made 'Malvern Jotter'
I was back at the Showground yesterday and it hardly seems possible that so short a time ago I was heavily into writing about gardening. All those beautiful gardens are no more, though I spotted the odd olive tree looking somewhat forlorn by the roadside. The positive news is that I will be back very shortly with news of the next major Show at the Three Counties Showground. Meanwhile, you might like this little sketchbook page which I created at the Spring Gardening Show in my tiny hand-made jotter.

watching the bees - and honey for sale
Visitors to the Spring Gardening Shows may not be fully aware of just how exciting is the  June show  (14th-16th) featuring 'food, farming and the countryside' - known previously as the Three Counties Show, but now with a royal seal of approval it has become the 'Royal Three Counties Show', and vastly augmented in its new status.

Delicious organic cheese - time for a tasting
Yesterday, I was asked to preview this Show as well as the gardening shows and whilst I am getting to grips with all the exciting things on offer, here is a tiny taster of what you may expect. There is so much to cover in the short time available - informative and above all full of family fun, and incredibly good value if you purchase family tickets in advance.

Top quality animals can be viewed at close quarters
From fabulously fresh regional food to dancing sheep; grand parade of livestock and lifestyle farming; equestrian events, country pursuits village, discovery zone and rural skills; shopping opportunities galore plus a full programme of entertainment, there is something for everyone, young and old alike.

Images from past June shows, before acquiring 'Royal' status
I'll be posting more news on Friday, once I have assimilated all that is on offer. Apart from my view of things, do read Jack's Blog. Jack is an enthusiastic young farmer who is definitely going places whilst writing regularly about his farming experiences. He owns his very own Suffolk sheep and hopes in the future to expand his flock and produce meat to sell and eat. Don't miss what he has to say. (And do make a diary date with me late Friday for the first proper preview of the 'Royal' - tickets available to visit the show by clicking the ticket on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment